(I have gotten several requests now to make a official Guide for how I price my commissions as well as the terms and policies I implement. Below Is the result of several hours of compositing proper images, creating guides, and writing a legal contracts.
I want to be clear with everyone I am an experienced professional at what I do so I take my work seriously and that means I take you seriously and will treat all my clients with the up most respect.)
STATUS: (OPEN-Artists Discretion)
(All art commission prices are subject to change according to the artists discretion. This is to be referenced as a general guide.)
- All Images are produced in Photoshop or Illustrator formatted for high resolution 200-300 PPI
- Note: All Commissions are broken down into the Artists process to determine the overall final cost based on the level of completion desired.
- Example: One could commission for a linework. The cost would be determined by adding up the previous steps above it.
Line Work: +$20
Commission Total= $30
- Note: The term “Character” refers to the amount of images illustrated in a canvas and not necessarily the literal character itself.
- Example: A Transformer illustrated in both its robot and alternate mode would be categorized under two characters.
**The links below are artistic examples associated with my process**
(Single Character, No Background)
(Single Character. Background)
(Two Character, No Background)
(Two Character, Background)
(Multi Character/ Concept Reference Sheet)
(Multi Character/ Single Comic Page/ Lithograph)
Chibi Chub Commissions: Tumblr Page
All Chibi Chubs are original hand crafted pieces of art! They make great gifts for friends and loved ones! There is no limit to who or what can become a Chibi Chub! Their optics and accents are genuine Swarovski Crystals that glow and sparkle with personality! They make the perfect little desk pals! (For decorative use only, not a toy, Ages 5+)
(All Prices are subject to change to the artists discretion. Does Not Include Shipping. Shipping will vary due to location, weight, size, and quantity)
- Earrings: $25 (1 Set) (Available in clip on)
- Small Chub (Basic Details): $25-$30
- Small Chub (Intricate Details): $30-$50
- Medium Chub (Basic Details): $30-$50
- Medium Chub (Intricate Details): $50-$80
- Large Chub (Basic Details): $50-$80
- Large Chub (Intricate Details): $80-$120
The following is a legally binding contact between the client and artist. By Commissioning Rachel Cook you agree to the terms and conditions below. This contract is activated when the artist Rachel Cook receives a secure electronic payment transfer of the partial or full payment via Paypal or through Etsy from the client.
Forms Of Payment:
(The Artist will provide proper information after initial Inquiry.)
Payment Plans and Arrangements:
- ***A deposit must be made for the Commission to be initialized.***
- A individual/ flexible Payment Plan is offered on Commissions that can be set up by contacting the artist. This is established to offer affordability to the client.
- A client can chose to pay in full up front.
- Commissions will only be shipped/submitted once payment has been made in full (including shipping). It is the responsibility of the client to complete payment in order to receive the final product/art.
- Clients can request special accommodations. Not all Accommodations may be fulfilled this is up to the artists discretion.
- Once a Payment Plan has been established and a Commissions criteria agreed on by the artist and client no further amendments can be made without approval. Any later revisions must first be agreed on by both parties and could be subject to additional charges.
Shipping: (I Ship International)
- Clients are responsible for providing the proper shipping address.
- All Items Are Shipped USPS with tracking. (Shipping Costs will vary)
- If you wish too upgrade your shipping or have an updated and urgent deadline please contact the artist within a reasonable time frame prior to the needed date. This is so arrangements and price adjustments can be made. The artist is not responsible in the event the client fails to inform them of the request.
- Please contact the Artist to inquire about your specific domestic or international shipping costs.
Refunds & Exchanges:
- The agreed commission must be paid in full by the client before the artist may be bound by an agreed “due date.” The artist is subject to a “due date” only when/if one is agreed upon between the client and artist before the time of the first payment when the commission is contractually initialized. If it is past 10 days after the original “due date” and the artist fails to produce the agreed upon product/art for the client within that original time frame (and no changes to the time frame have been instructed by the client) a full refund will be issued to the client from the artist.
- If a client has paid in full and wishes to amend the “due date” the changes must first be agreed on by the artist and client for the change to be implemented within that commissions verbal/ electronic contract.
- The Client will be notified to the “start date.” Or when the artist begins work on their Commission.
- In the event of a “cancellation request” before the “start date” a full refund will be Issued.
- If there is a “cancellation request” after the “start date”. A partial refund will be issued based on the cash amount remaining from what has not yet been completed. The artist retains the cash amount based on the current completion status of said commission as indicated by the original agreement between the client and the Artist. This amount is subject to the artists discretion.
- Once a partial or full refund is issues the client relinquishes any ownership over the incomplete Commission. Said Commission is therefore subject by the artist to resale. (Excluding Original Characters)
- ***All Shipped Sales are Final.***
- The artist is not responsible for the loss of Item in transit through the postage system.
- Proper Tracking will always be provided to the client.
- Compensation in the form of a replacement/repair will only be made if an item arrives damaged due too providing no proper protection for the item. Proper protection includes items such as Bubble wrap, Tissue paper, and Packing Peanuts etc.
- The artist is free to make exceptions under their own discretion, and may chose to reimburse a client.
Failure To Meet Payment Commitment:
- Clients will always be notified of the commissions “completion date”.
- If for any reason a client cannot make payment by the date as agreed on by client and artist at time of Commission, It is the clients sole responsibility to contact the artist so proper arrangements can be reached.
- If payment is not received within 30 days of the “completed date” and the client has failed to contact the artist the commission in question will be held for a 10 day grace period.
- If the commission Is not paid off within the 10 day grace period, the artist retains payment and there will be no refund issued due to the clients failure to make payment.
- The completed Commission is then freed from the terms of the original agreement/ client. Once the 10 day grace period has expired. The Commission in question will then be subject to resale by the shop owner.
- This excludes Original Characters. The Client retains the rights to their creations. In this circumstance the commission will be disposed of properly, any form of payment will be retained by the artist without refund.
(This legal contract may not be duplicated or copied outside of its intended use. It is intended for the sole use of art related commission work by the professional graphic artist Rachel Cook)